I came up with this recipe as an alternative to a decadent chocolate cheesecake. Although equally sinful, this cheesecake is a serious serving of festive joy. This one is a Ginger caramel sauce with a Masala Chai spice flavoured filling over a buttery crust.
What you will NEED:
– 1 Packet of Digestive Biscuits
– 150g Butter (at room temperature or soft)
– 1 Cup Caster sugar or granulated sugar
– 1/4 Cup water
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 3 Tbsp Ginger Juice
– 1 Tin of Nestle creme
– 250 g Cream Cheese
– 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
– 1 Tsp Ginger powder
– 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg powder
How To COOK:
- For the crust, crush a packet of digestive biscuits and mix with 150 g of butter; the butter should be soft and at room temperature. Place this in a pie dish and set aside to firm up.
- Ginger caramel sauce – this is a basic caramel sauce infused with ginger juice. For the caramel sauce take 1 cup sugar with ¼ cup water and let this come to a boil. Watch it carefully as you want it to turn brown but not too dark (and this happens quickly). Once you see the sugar and water has caramelized take it off the heat and add 1/3-cup heavy cream and continue mixing until evenly combined.
- Add three tablespoons of ginger juice to this and you’re ready for the filling.
- Filling; whip up 1 tin of Nestle crème and 1 pack of cream cheese (about 250g) and add 1 tsp Cinnamon powder, 1 tsp Ginger powder and ½ tsp Nutmeg powder.
- Add the Ginger caramel sauce into the filling and fold it in gently. Once mixed well spread evenly onto the crust and leave to set in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.