Can I cook an authentic Italian meal? Sure, if I tried. Does it come to me naturally? Nope. So here’s a pasta sauce that’s Italian enough and my Indian palate loves it!
Ingredients: (makes enough for two hungry people)
- Half a medium sized onion chopped
- 1 Tbs of finely chopped garlic
- 1 carrot diced into small cubes
- 250 gms minced chicken
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground Black pepper
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Cheese of your choice to grate over
- Salt to taste
- Cooked spaghetti
How to COOK:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the Onions and garlic into the pan. Sautee for 3 to 4 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add the Red chillies and herbs and mix well, cook for about 2 minutes. Make sure the heat is not on high as you don’t want to scorch the herbs, this will make it lose it’s flavour.
- Then come the carrots, add and stir well and sautee until they have a slight brown caramelisation on them.
- Add water, stir well and set aside to simmer on a low heat.
- In another pan, brown your minced chicken meat and when that’s ready add it to the sauce that’s simmering away.
- Let the chicken simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes (add a little water if the consistency is drying out) so that it absorbs the flavours and also adds it’s own! When ready just serve this over some spaghetti and top with grated cheese.