There are some days where I am craving only a certain type of food. When asked me “ok so what do you want to eat?” my response is “You know… something that I can go slurp slurp slurp!” This usually will involve a real feel good endeavour of ordering or cooking something that will be held really close to my mouth with my hands shovelling (as elegantly as that’s possible) saucy, slurpy food.
This is one such recipe; kind of satay-esque, dan dan noodle -esque sauce that’s great over any kind of noodles.
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves of Garlic crushed/ grated
- 2 tbs Sesame Oil (use one that says pure sesame oil)
- 1 Tsp Paprika / chilli flakes
- Juice of a small lemon ( about 2 tbs)
- 1 tsp Fish sauce (omit this is you want it vegetarian/vegan)
- Salt to taste (very little, because there’s already a lot of salt in there
How to cook:
- Microwave the peanut butter on low so it melts.
- Combine with all other ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, mixing well.
- Once the sauce becomes quite aromatic, it’s ready. I added this sauce to some Shrimp I grilled in the oven with salt pepper! Pour over boiled noodles or your choice and enjoy!!