Romeo-Juliet, Mr and Mrs Smith, Bridget Jones and a tub of Ice Cream. Just like that, Dosa and Chutney are a match in foodie heaven. Follow these steps for an easy no-fuss Chutney recipe.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- 1 green Chilli
- 1/2 inch of Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 dry Red Chillies
- handful of Curry leaves (5 to 6 leaves)
- 1 Tbs of Ghee (clarified butter) or any oil of your choice for tempering the seasoning.
How to Cook:
- Grind the coconut, ginger and chillies with a little bit of water and salt to taste. If it’s not grinding properly just add a little more water to help get it going.
- Set aside in the bowl, preferrably the one you intende to serve it in.
- Prepare the tempering (Tadka). Place a small pan and add the ghee/ oil until it’s hot but you don’t want it to be smoking. This will burn all the seasoning ingredients. Now add the ingredients in the following order:
– mustard seeds (once these start to pop)
– Dry red chillies
– Curry leaves
- Quickly take it off the heat and swirl it a bit then add it to the ground coconut mixture.
Mix it in and it’s ready! Happy cooking 🙂